søndag 22. mars 2009

And that's how Death crept up on me..

I can't blog from my Mac. My blog refuses to recognize me as its master!! (traffic gets flooded, socketproblems, something along those lines)

So now, I blog from the safe, suffocating confines of work, where phones are being picked up and hilarities/disparities ensue. Anyways, just a short post tonight. Sitting at work, blogging, is really distracting (something that I shouldn't be doing anyway.)

As I am writing this, I'm talking to a girl that's trying to explain her problem with her card while she's walking through the club. But all I hear is THUMP THUMP THUMP. The cons of this job is obviously talking to and understanding drunk people. There are pros of course, that is MONEY. The night shift puts a lot of food on my table, so I don't see myself quitting this job anytime soon. Unless someone from saaay, Gamestop offers me a job with a matching salary. Anyways, talking about work isn't the point of this post. This is:

This is Yasi. Also known as The Hundreds' Yasi. I like to read her posts from time to time. It's entertaining, rude and just on point when it comes to answering questions from "fans". I'm mentioning her because I've started to read the play she's holding, "The Importance of Being Earnest". by Oscar Wilde. I've never really been interested in plays and "dramatic reconstructions", but I'd give it a shot. So I bought a book that had all of Oscar Wilde's plays in it and started on "Lady Windermere's Fan: A Play About A Good Woman".

It was hella/really funny. Funny in an 19th century, Victorian-kind-of-way. It's about a married woman in an upper class Victorian time period that suspects her husband is cheating with a Mrs.Erlynne and she finds this out on her birthday. Mrs. Erlynne is invited in her party/ball that night. Hilarity ensues. The characters are well-written and great representations of aristocrats in that timeperiod and the complications are a joy to experience. And being 59 pages long, it's a fast read. Read it. I actually laughed at one point.

Jesus, this turned into one ass-long post. Thank you for sticking through. I put in a picture just to please the non-readers of this blog. Wait, does this mean I'm a Yasi-fan since I indirectly chose to read the same play as her? Damn. Oh well, good night, Detroit!

5 kommentarer:

Kamilla sa...

Jobben din høres så feeet ut! Og oscar wilde er jo bra han :) Creds for at du leser han.

her thoughts. sa...

dude. i like to read too. haha.
i might even read that play youre reading!

me, good at being introspect? well thank you sir!
hvordan fant du bloggen egt? =p

alfieee sa...

Kamilla: Ja, mann! Jobben er fet. Jeg er heldig. Går bra med din jobb frøken? Oscar Wilde er superfuuun.

Michelle: En liten fugl ved navn akam1k3.blogspot.com. ble du utilpass? :P

Anonym sa...

Nei, du får ikke lov til å slutte ARUBERTO! Hva skal jeg gjøre på jobb uten deg, høydepunktet i uken min! Loooove Daniel :)

Anonym sa...

With a Mac death is always lurking (coneviently near you local kebab-house).