tirsdag 24. februar 2009

this won't cut it at all..


I'm a wreck. My clock says 06:45 and I've been more awake than asleep these two nights. Been lying in bed since late Sunday, listening to good songs and reading up on my books. Thinking about the past, replaying stuff over and over in my head. I hate to be a cliché, but back then, THOSE were the golden days. 

The summers and the younger Me
Running around the neighbourhood
Making trouble with the boys 
Fooling around with the girls
No worries, whatsoever

We would climb the trees
On the rooftops, on our backs
Stare at the midnight sky
Dream of our future, 
The money and our trophy wife

Childhood crushes
Teenage obsessions
Rejected by girls (not all of them, of course)
Comforted by my boys
Love truly is,
A losing game

Unknown future
Living in the now
Sleeping past noon
The moon as the witness
To our tricks and mischiefs 

I love being nostalgic. But does anybody really have time to relive it all? 

Two songs I've been listening to a lot. A LOT. I can relate to Mr.Hawthorne. I love this type of music. It brings out the best and worst of me. Especially whilst lying in bed, stretching my toes and rubbing my legs together.